Deadline Date – 31-Dec-2020 Under the Small Grants Programme, Caribbean Catastrophe Risk Insurance Facility (CCRIF) will finance small projects conceptualised and managed by non-governmental organisations (NGOs), community-based organisations (CBOs), charity organisations and/or mandated by National Disaster Coordinators in local communities across CCRIF member countries and/or CARICOM member countries.
All projects submitted for consideration must be of relevance to CCRIF and its regional mandate and agenda and can therefore be inclusive of, but not limited to projects related to the following broad areas:
- Disaster risk management
- Climate change adaptation
- Training and other capacity building initiatives to be implemented through seminars, workshops, community consultations, and expert group meetings among others
- Environmental management initiatives that will directly impact on reducing community vulnerability (e.g. watershed management projects in degraded areas, which will contribute to enhancing resilience in nearby communities)
Each project should fall within the range of US$5,000 to US$25,000.
- All registered NGOs, CBOs, charity or non-profit organisations, national disaster coordinating bodies and universities operating within local communities across CCRIF member countries in the Caribbean and/or CARICOM member countries are eligible for funding.
- Organisations directly funded from state budgets such as departments or agencies within government ministries are not eligible for funding.
For more information, visit CCRIF.