Deadline Date – 14-Jun-2020 The World Literacy Foundation (WLF) Ambassador Program aims to bring together individuals from all over the world to be a local voice and fundraise for literacy in their schools, universities, communities or social groups.
Throughout the 4-month program, Ambassadors will be trained to develop their leadership and advocacy skills. Participants will also learn about literacy as a human right and support literacy project in Colombia.
Every year, the WLF recruit and train leaders from all over the world to:
- Develop their leadership and advocacy skills: You will need to get others involved in their cause and plan events to draw attention, awareness and understanding to the issue.
- Be a local voice for literacy and education in their community: You will speak at their school, university, media or community group as a representative of literacy and the WLF.
- Support the education of vulnerable children: This year, all funds raised by the ambassadors will go towards their literacy program in Colombia; Aprende Leyendo.
- Are passionate about literacy and education
- Want to make a difference in the world
- Aim to be leaders in their community
Why is literacy important?
WLF strongly believes that literacy is the foundation of lifelong learning and education. It empowers people to reach their full potential and excel in school and beyond.
Unfortunately, there are 750 million people around the world that can’t read a single word and another 2 billion struggles to read a sentence. This reality has a negative social and economic impact, such as:
- poor health outcomes
- welfare dependency
- gender inequality
- lack of social cohesion
- increase criminal activities
- Gold: $3,000 USD
- You will impact the education of 60 children over two years by contributing to the implementation of 6 tablets pre-loaded with the Dingo App
- Silver: $1,000 USD
- You will impact the education of 20 children over two years by contributing to the implementation of 2 tablets pre-loaded with the Dingo App
- Bronze: $500 USD
- You will impact the education of 10 children over two years by contributing to the implementation of a tablet pre-loaded with the Dingo App
- Copper: $250 USD
- You will contribute to the production of 10 digital learning activities and 5 e-books for the Dingo App
At a Glance
- Location: Worldwide
- Training method: Online
- Duration: 4–5 months
- Certificate of completion: upon closure of the program
For more information, visit World Literacy Foundation.